SLT days & ESLA webinar series
ESLA promotes the profile and reputation of the SLT profession to the European Commission, other relevant authorities and related organisations, by publishing statements and policies advocating the value of our services for people with communication and swallowing difficulties.
The principal Advocacy activity of ESLA is our annual European Day of Speech and Language Therapy, that is always celebrated on the 6th March in recognition of the original founding Charter of CPLOL.
Each year our Member Associations feature the selected theme of communication and swallowing disorders and organise public events to raise awareness and visibility of the impact on families and the contribution of the SLT profession.
The winning poster for SLT Day 2023 was designed by our member PAL, Panhellenic Association of Speech and Language Therapists, from Greece. The following are the topics that have been announced for ESLA's European Day up to 2025.
European SLT day from 2022 to 2025
The following are the topics that have been announced for ESLA's European Day up to 2025.
ESLA 2023 Webinars
Save the dates!
Here is the dates for our 2023 webinars:
- Thursday 30th November 2023 at 6 PM CET: "Childhood Apraxia of Speech: Differential Diagnosis" by Edythe A. Strand, Ph.D., Emeritus Professor, Mayo College of Medicine; Emeritus Speech Pathologist, Department of Neurology Mayo Clinic.
- Thursday 5th October 2023, at 6 PM CEST : "The SLT role in supported decision-making and mental capacity assessment" by Mark Jayes, PhD, PGCLTHE, FHEA, FRCSLT, Research Fellow in Communication Disability | Faculty of Health and Education | Manchester Metropolitan University;
- Thursday 22nd June 2023 at 6 PM CEST: "Narratives as a window onto the mind" by Prof Dr Roel Willems, Senior Researcher, Netherlands Institute for Social Research (SCP)
- Saturday 11th March 2023: European SLT Day: "Speech and language therapists' roles in critical care and emergency medicine" by Dr Jackie McRae, FRCSLT FHEA;
Here is our previous webinars:
- Thursday 1st December 2022: "That amazing first 6 months: Supporting oral feeding & communication in (ex)preterm and fragile infants" by Marleen D’hondt, Prinses Elisabeth University Hospital;
- Tuesday 11th October 2022: "Clinical voice acoustics: from recording to analysis" by Dr. Youri Marin, AZ Sint-Jan Brugge-Oostende;
- Thursday 23rd June 2022: "Neurological bases of autism and its impact on early intervention", by Prof. Kakia Petinou, Cyprus University of Technology;
- Saturday 5th March 2022: "Speech and Language Therapy across the lifespan: the value and impact of a scientific profession" by Dr Hazel Roddam, FRCSLT;
- Thursday 9th December 2021: "Communication Challenges of Multicultural and Multilingual Communities: How can Speech Language Therapists help?" by Prof. Ellen Grech, University of Malta;
- Thursday 21st october 2021: "Multilingualism and Speech and Language Therapy" by Drs. Mirjam Blumenthal, Speakaboo co-founder
- Thursday 2nd September 2021: "Why and how to obtain a PhD in speech and language therapy?" - joint event between ESLA and SLPhD;
- Wednesday 14th July 2021: "Prescribing Humour and Creativity in the Speech Language Therapy workplace" by Dr Joseph Agius
- Thursday 3rd June 2021: "Dysphagia and malnutrition in Covid and Post Covid patients: clinical practice research and education" by Prof Pere Clavé, Paula Viñas and Weslania Nascimento.