ESLA is the umbrella organisation for Speech and Language Therapy (SLT) Associations across Europe.
We currently have 33 member associations in 30 countries, representing over 50,000 SLT professionals.
Watch our videos from the ESLA launch event HERE
These include –
- The ESLA Chair’s welcome address
- The ESLA Deputy’s Chair’s presentation of the history of CPLOL and the restructure into ESLA
- The then European Parliament’s President Roberta Metsola congratulates ESLA
- The ESLA European Day is introduced by Maria Kyriakou-Solomonidou
- The guest lecture by our invited keynote speaker Assistant Professor Dr Mieke Moerman “Applying E-health to conform with European regulations in Speech and Language Therapy”
- Our photo montage of ESLA's history
Members of ESLA are the national professional organizations of SLTs / orthophonistes / logopèdes / logopédistes meeting the criteria for membership set out in our Statutes.
Expressions of interest to join ESLA are warmly welcomed by Associations that meet the eligibility criteria defined in the ESLA Statutes.
The official languages within ESLA are English and French.
The registered office of ESLA is in Brussels.
ESLA is registered as an non-profit organisation under Belgian law - Number 0770260172.
All the members of the ESLA Board fulfil their roles in a fully voluntary capacity, with the agreement of their own home SLT Association.
ESLA has two part-time Administrators who support the work of the Board and Task Forces.
The Board members and Task Forces all hold monthly online meetings.
There is an Annual General Meeting of ESLA, following the protocols defined in the ESLA Statutes.
All ESLA activities are specifically and exclusively focused on the Strategic Aim and Objectives, as defined in the Vision and Mission Statements.
Each year on 6th March, ESLA marks the anniversary of the original founding Charter of CPLOL.
This is known as European Day of Speech and Language Therapy (#EuroSLTDay) and you can find more information by following this link.
Please use the Contact Us form to get in touch.
The members of the Board were elected during the General Assembly
held in Austria in May 2022, for a period of three years.
- Malta -
- Cyprus -
- Greece -
Board responsible for Professional Education
- Croatia -
- Italy -
Board member for the Communication Strategy Task Force
- Denmark -
Board member responsible for ESLA Congress
- Romania -